Once it was Aicon Yachts and it was designing and building, award winning yachts sold worldwide including a line of open/coupe fast yachts (Aicon 62 and Aicon 72) that made several appearances on the U.S. TV series CSI. Its designed was imitated by several other yacht builders. It built for and delivered to NBA stars like Glen Rice (Aicon Yachts 64 Flybridge named G-Force) and several other celebrities.
— PLEASE READ THE UPDATE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ARTICLE–
To make the long story short the crisis took its toll on Aicon Yachts and not too long after its IPO on the Milan Stock Exchange the company had to file for bankruptcy.
Today a large quantity of Yachts between 54 and 110 feet are available on auction and among them a large number of units of Aicon 62 in various stages of construction some of them are over 95% finished and it would not take much to get them ready and launch them.
Aicon Yachts has been a client of our firm much before the IPO, therefore we are very familiar with their production lines, production managers, designers, engineers and a lot of the very valuable workers that made this company. It was indeed quite an impressive growth from 0 to over 100 units per year in less than 10 years. Despite the unlucky epilogue of the company itself there are still hundreds of people enjoying their Aicon yachts in all corners of the world.
For those in the industry it is an opportunity to acquire assets (boats or machinery) and for individual investors (with our support) it is a unique opportunity to acquire interesting yachts at a fraction of what they would cost even pre-owned.
We are in a unique position to offer support to individuals and companies that want to seize the opportunity to acquire one or more of these vessels in order to finish them and resell them or charter them.
Our team is available to support buyers in the following steps:
- Yacht Acquisition and Budgeting of the works to be done
- Yacht transport before and/or after refit
- Yacht Registration, flag, insurance
- Interior design and interior fittings project management
- System Engineering and installation
- Where applicable [0 hours engines]; Insurance Warranty for vessels to be registered as new units
The Original Production line of Aicon Yachts consisted of the following vessells:
Aicon 52 (dismissed for stability issues) [Flybrigde Model]
Aicon 54 [Flybrigde Model]
Aicon 56 (Best Seller) [Flybrigde Model]
Aicon 64 (Award Winner) [Flybrigde Model]
Aicon 62 Open/Coupe
Aicon 72 Open/Coupe
Aicon 75 [Flybridge Model]
Aicon 85 [Flybridge Model]
Aicon 110 Navetta [Never Completed – see image below]
The prices of the vessels at auction go from €20,000 to €240,000 depending on the vessel and at what stage of construction that is. – The retail prices of these vessels were between €650,000-€3M+
UPDATE: A lot of the vessels (as you can see by clicking on the judicial auction website below) have been already sold and some of them have been pre-selected by a few of our clients for the next round of offers. The next round of offers will be presented as early as Sept 2017, thus contact us (+44 7445 30 86 22) if you would like our assistance with the following process to acquire one or more vessels.
Process and Requirements: (Pre-Acquisition)
- Preparation of offer document and estimate of suitable offer and related cautionary fully refundable deposit of 10% of the offer value for the court to validate the offer.
- Legal and technical translation of the offer document into Italian according the Italian court requirements
- Inspection of the vessel by our naval engineering team on our client behalf to make sure that at time of offer the Bankruptcy Court has described the object accurately to the most current status
- Budgeting of the works needed to get the vessel up to the required standard of the naval registry and ready for launch (as per client requirements)
Process and Requirements: (Post-Acquisition):
- Coordination of the logistic to move the vessel to the chosen destination
- Ownership registration and flag (where applicable for finished vessels and if required by client)
- Work scheduling and technical supplies provision
- Contractual arrangement with the Shipyard recommended to carry out the necessary works
- If/where needed; naval engineering and architecture to customise the vessel acquired upon request by new owner.
- Shipyard work supervision and coordination if/where needed and requested by client.
- Booking and coordination of the Naval Registry (of choice) inspector visit and pre-visit compliance check.
- Launch of the vessel and delivery to the client chosen port or support in finding mooring space for the vessel in the client chosen area and transport of the vessel to destination (on Wheels or by Sea).
NOTE of Full Disclosure: Rodriquez Consulting does not get a commission on any of the boats acquired the service we provide are of use during the acquisition and billed separately and after the acquisition if you choose our company to manage the works each vessel will need after acquiring any of the vessels subject of this auction.
If you would like to know more about what vessels are still available you can use this link Aicon Yachts AUCTION